Thursday 8 August 2013

Day 29 - Fresh 2 Fresh

Today was a good day mate ! I'm struggling to find anything to moan to you about.

My sis joined me today ! 
Firstly, I'm amazed she found the starting point !! (I know what you're thinking - how can I possibly question other peoples directional sense ;)
But she did, and it was great to see her !


We were also joined today by Luana & Laura (from Monday) and some more of their family. So we were a 9-strong MND army today !!

We were extremely fortunate today to walk through some fabulous sights.

(St Govans Chapel)

(Barafundle Bay - my poor photography doesn't really do it justice!)

Oh, and we were also extremely fortunate not to get shot at or cannoned - Which is always a bonus :)

(Castlemartin)

The weather held up nicely, only a few 'little' up and downers and some great company again, and some contributions to the collection box has helped get past 29 days! 
Schoolboy error though (and there is always at least one each day with me!) - I lumped a full backpack around all day when I could've just left it in my sisters car and got it at the end !!!!!!!! DOH.

So another day passes. I'm very proud of my little sis for completing a leg of the walk with me - not that I ever doubted you of course Cer !

(Bottom left pic - has half of the team missing and worryingly my foot !!!)

Tomorrow I head for Saundersfoot, via Manorbier and Tenby. Hooray ! Places I have actually been to before ! Home
Is edging ever nearer.

On the subject of home, I just wanted to give a mention to one poor soul who puts up with all my moans and groans constantly on a daily basis - My wife!
Some would say nipping away to stroll around our beloved countryside is great timing whilst the children are off school running riot ! (Wasn't planned deliberately, honestly !). 
But in all seriousness, I've said before it would be difficult being away from them and it certainly has been. They are 100% behind what I'm doing though and I'm sure ill have plenty of time to catch up on all the daily chores :) In fact the 'things for Justin to do when he returns' list is growing considerably by the day! Love you guys. 

Tomorrow, I'm joined by a few more colleagues and friends, going to be another great day to fight MND !!

PS - mate, you're probably wondering when I get to wear that piece of ¥*#€* you call a football top too ? Got a horrible feeling it won't be long............ That is seriously gonna hurt ;(

Special Thanks today to:-
Terry & Betty James
Luana, Laura and family
Derek & Marisa Wiseman 
Derryn & Peter Davies (my hosts for tonight, more on them tomorrow ;)

2 comments:

  1. Being great walking with you today. Lovely meeting you guys, Derek and Marisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Derek. Great to have more company today!
      Many thanks for the lift and your support !!

      Delete